Friday, June 22, 2007

I Dreamt I Was a Dragon | Permalink

That is title of the sculpture. By local artist Irene M. Sukle. Location in 3126 St. Clair Ave. (Asia Food Market). When I was taking the picture, I had nice conversation with Katharyne (staff of SCSDC) While Katharyne was fixing something in sculpture, she explained about the sculpture and little bit information behind this project. I think she said there are 44 pig sculptures throughout the St Clair-Superior Ave area.
According to Chinese Calendar, started February is year of Pig. And St. Clair Superior Development Corporation (SCSDC) welcomes the 2007 Year of the Pig celebration to the St. Clair Superior neighborhood with a public art exhibition. All the pig are created by local artists. And to make each pig sculpture interesting, each artist created or inspired sculpture with their own interpretation and idea. The goal of this project is to promote investment in St. Clair Superior neighborhood, promote cultural awareness and support local artists. The exhibition will end by a week before Labor Day and off for auction.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Lots of Chinese themes amongst the blogs today.
Enjoy the winter sun in Sydney at the Chinese Friendship Garden! http://sydneynearlydailyphot.blogspot.com/

June 23, 2007 at 1:35 AM  
Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

thanks for the add to your blogroll! and coincidentally looks like I was on to the 'theme' of the day too with a picture I put up.... although I don't know exactly where my dolls are from....

June 23, 2007 at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home